230 Beech Street
“A Year in Review”
Foundation for Pottstown Schools
I would like to say, Congratulations on a job well done!
In a little over a year, the foundation has made a 180 degree turn around
and all for the betterment for the students of the Pottstown school district.
You have done the right things…keep it going!
Your Foundation will become important both NOW and in the
As every school district not only Pottstown, but throughout the country is
facing serious economic shortfalls both now and in the foreseeable future. Your
foundation will become increasingly important in the years ahead and you must
continue the following:
- Keep your strong and open relationship with the
school district. (You already have one of the best in the state.)
- Building relationships with community organizations
and the Borough.
- Constantly let every citizen know “Who you are and
what you do”…you have some great stories!
Earning the title as “One of the Best in Pennsylvania”
MACEF has “showcased” the Foundation for Pottstown Schools throughout both
Pennsylvania and the Mid-Atlantic area as great foundation example. The
reasons why are:
- The Administration’s vision on the potential of an
effective foundation has proven results.
- Terri is recognized among peers as a
outstanding example of what an effective “staff person” is capable of
accomplishing for an education foundation.
- Board of Directors is getting better organized and
working properly within the committee structure
- Dancing with the Stars gave you creditability in the
RECOMMENDATIONS TO BE EVEN BETTER
This is only the beginning and your vision must turn to the future, not
only the coming year but where will you be 10 and 20 years from now.
I recommend in the following:
- A monthly electronic Newsletter sent to alumni,
donors, faculty, business and the community.
- The future can be ensured by staring an Endowment and
- Reach out to EVERY Alumnus both near and far. Your
success will be built on on-going monthly communication and information they
will enjoy reading and helping them reconnect. Once that is established,
it will open all “Giving” opportunities to include annual, major and
- Keep attracting quality people to serve on the board
and committees of the foundation.
- Build your donor base “one donor at a time” and have
a software database so you don’t lose them
Bob New President, Mid-Atlantic Consortium of Education Foundations
Click to Read Our Case Statement